This is a place for posting and linking to any historical fic, icons, art, links, recs, reviews, meta, news, fanworks of any type, useful resources, discussion, community & event promos. If it's to do with a historical fandom, whether RPF or fictional, then it's welcome here. For fanworks, all ratings are fine (as are historical fandom AUs & Fusions).
As 'history' is a very wide fandom, this community is also intended to help people find like-minded souls and gauge interest in setting up more specific communities/friending etc. (but it's always fine to interact here). It's also absolutely a place for historical fandoms too small/obscure to have their own spaces.
If you're new to Dreamwidth altogether, you can find a collection of helpful welcome & how-to posts here.
Rules & Guidelines
* Be civil to other members - discussion and debate is great, but no trolling, spamming, re-enacting of old time wars in any posts/comments, and absolutely no hatespeech etc. (Not even if their Problematic Historical Fave killed your Problematic Historical Fave.)
* Please put any large (or multiple) graphics, fic, long posts, spoilers, multiple embeds & anything NSFW etc. under a cut. (To make a cut, in html use: [cut text="More under here etc."], replacing  with < and >.) (The community display default is 'suitable for all ages' - it is absolutely fine to post NSFW material - just alter the Age Restriction box when you post to 'discretion' or '18+'. This isn't needed for links to any material posted elsewhere, regardless of rating.)
* Content posted to this community needs to be relevant to a historical fandom in some way. It doesn't have to be long, or fanworks only - links, discussion starters, commentfests, new community promos (or old ones), and questions are fine.
If you are replying to someone's post please do so in the comments to that post. (There is no @lost_spook type function on Dreamwidth, so the best way to make sure the OP sees your reply is by a comment to their post or comment, which will also be sent directly to the OP's inbox & email.) This is only a guideline, however - if a comment reply, fic or whatever becomes something you think is relevant to the whole community, feel free to make a new post as well.
* It's fine to post here even if there's a specific era or fandom community! (If any one fandom with its own comm starts flooding the comm, we may temporarily ask people not to cross-post to both.)
* When posting fanworks, please use some kind of header above the cut or link - using the AO3 share feature is great, or you can c+p the below coding (which also includes optional coding for links/cuts), but anything similar is fine:
* The cut-off point definition of history (for the purposes of this comm only!) is 50 years prior to the date of posting, but we realise this always a grey area. If you're any doubt as to whether or not something 'counts', please just ask here or PM the mod.
History vs mythology is another fine line, so please just use your best judgement. (As a guideline, probably not every Arthurian fantasy out there, but things that are based in a particular period/aim to be more historical than fantastical are welcome, and again most history + magic are fine as long as they're set in a recognisable historical period.) If you're unsure, just ask one of the mods.
* Tagging: this exists to find content on the comm and is currently mod-only for creation of tags, but any member may add existing tags to their post.
If you want to promote the comm, thanks! Here is the c+p html text to make a magic linking banner appear in your journal/other communities:
( Masterlist of Historical Communities (WIP) )
We also have a growing Useful Resources Post. (To add links etc., please comment on that post, or post directly to the community.)
If you have any other questions, please ask them in the comments here, or PM a mod.